What to Wear For a Night Out When It’s Cold
Winter can be an absolute drag but that does not mean that you should slack off in the style department. Cozy and thick knits feel great but they are not suitable for every occasion and situation.
To stay on-trend and weather-appropriate sport some stylish leggings and be the non-shivering belle of any ball you are attending. They look great and are versatile enough to wear to any get together; you can even get away with them at the office. Leggings are sold in a variety of colors, patterns, and materials. Some are even made to resemble jeans and they are quite convincing.
Tunic style tops are a popular pairing with leggings. Tunics are great as long as you buy the proper fit. Here are some tips for getting the correct length of the tunic to flatter your body.
- If you have a long torso and short legs, you will want to pick a shorter tunic to balance your body and elongate the legs, wear with heels to add more length and create long lines.
- If you have a short torso and long legs, choose a longer tunic to balance and wear a kitten heel or flats.
- If your torso and legs are relatively the same proportion, choose a tunic with a hem that falls a couple of inches below the hipbone. Then throw on some heels because hey, who doesn’t love long legs.
- Try out these tunic and legging combinations.
- International Concepts sequin top + Alternative Apparel leggings
- Top off this sassy set with some pumps and gold bracelets!
- This Style & Co printed tunic + These shiny International Concepts leggings
- Accessorize with a long and simple necklace
- Ellen Tracy three quarter sleeve top + Bar III faux crocodile skin leggings
- This one is a little more lenient as far as accessories go. Really, feel free to make it your own.
Maybe Tunics are not really your thing, and that is okay. There are so many more options. Try pairing some swanky tuxedo striped leggings with this Michael Kors top. Even a mini dress like this short-sleeved Kensie design would pair nicely with some basic solid colored leggings.
Leggings are wearable in so many ways they are definitely an economical purchase and almost any body type can wear them. I am not advocating getting rid of all your cozy sweaters though; leggings look great with those too. By adding some tights to your wardrobe, you can continue wearing the pieces you love all season long. It also gives you a reason to add some new favorites to your closet. So get out and find your perfect pair or pairs, it never hurts to have multiples.